You should know by now that one of the highest return SEO activities which you need for your marketing to be successful is keyword research.
There are different approaches to carrying out keyword research. These approaches depend on
- Your website
- The goals and objectives you have in mind.
- Your resources, budget and deadlines
- The industry and competitive landscape.
Here, we’ll be giving you a framework for keyword research that you can easily adjust to fit your goals and resources. This will help you improve your traffic from Google. The methods you should adopt are:
Starting with seeds keywords
These keywords act as the foundation of your keyword research. They help you in the definition of your niche and the identification of your competitors.
For those who have already had businesses or product they want to promote online, they can easily come up with seed keywords by using their words to describe the product or thinking of how people may want to search for the product. For instance, if you want to launch an SEO agency like DubSEO agency, you can use the following as Google keywords:
- London SEO agency
- DubSEO agency
- UK best SEO agency
- DubSEO agency consultancy
- Digital marketing with DubSEO.
The list is endless; you just have to put your brain to work.
In a case whereby you are just starting am affiliate marketing website and you do not know which product or niche to promote, you have to follow these methods:
Using the approach of “monetisation first”
You have asked, after that, you can then choose an offer or product that you find interesting. When this is done, the next thing will be to brainstorm on the search queries that people will use to locate it in Google. You can browse the website for Amazon or any other popular affiliate programme until you find a product or categories of products you will love to promote.
You can also review the products or services you are using to see if you will be interested in being their affiliate.
The approach of “Niche down”
Using a really broad keyword to niche down will help you find an opportunity that may be interesting.
For instance, you can use a keyword like “skincare” to find a lot of brands and products. Reviewing them one after the other will land you at one you can focus on.
Generate the ideas of your keywords
After getting your seed keywords in place, the next thing you need to do is generate a great list of important concepts of keywords. You have to do this with an understanding of what the people in your niche have been searching and will likely search for in Google.
You can do this by:
- Finding out the keywords you have been ranked for, i.e. if you own a website. You can get this information from “Search Analytics” from Google Search Console or by contacting DubSEO.
- Finding out the keywords your competitors are ranking for. You can find your competitors by searching your seed keyword on Google to see those that rank on the front page. You can also look at related websites to see their keywords. They may be different, but they can also give you what you need to drag visitors to your site.
- Use different keyword research tools to get new keyword ideas. Some of them are http://soovle.com/, http://answerthepublic.com/, https://ubersuggest.io/, etc.
- Make a thorough research on your niche. This will help not to get out of context while trying to be creative with your keywords.
- You can do this better by getting to think like your customers. Getting feedback from existing customers will also help.
Understand the metrics of keywords
Following the above steps will help you narrow down your research and select the important keywords for you. You can also choose the better keywords by considering the following keyword metrics:
- The search volume: this will help you know the search demand of a specific keyword. You can use it to find out the number of times people search for the word on Google. DubSEO agency and other London SEO agencies can help you with that.
- The clicks: this will show how the results are presented, and if they are usually encouraging enough to be clicked on by customers.
- The potential traffic: though the search volume and clicks can tell you the amount of traffic it can cause, the traffic potential will the top-ranking results and their total traffic.
- Keyword difficulty: you can rank the difficulty of the keyword by manually analysing your search result, experience and data from a London SEO agency.
- The cost of each click: the cost per click changes on a monthly basis, but it is advisable to know the range of the cost.
Get your keywords into groups
After all the work is done, the next step is to group your keywords. You can group them by:
- The parent topic: since one page can rank for numerous keywords, group a lot of keywords that are related to the topic together and map them into different pages on your website.
- Search intent: group them according to the intention or expectation behind the search query.
- The business value: get keywords with the same value range together and attach them to your pages.
You will need to do this every step of the way. From the result of your keywords researches, you should be able to separate those you will need to have a better website.
You can contact the UK’s best SEO SEO Consultants to help you with keyword researches and other information.