Internet Marketing is the cheapest way. To reach your target market, regardless of the size of your business. Want a big business or small, you have the same opportunity.
The question is, what is internet marketing?
The Definition Of Internet Marketing
Literally, the meaning of internet marketing is; internet marketing. Also commonly called online marketing. Internet marketing is the process of promoting a business, product, or service, through the internet. Use media/tools that help drive traffic, referrals, actions, and sales.
What is internet marketing? The definition is quite extensive. Includes a variety of marketing tactics and strategies – including content, social media, e-mail, search engine tips, paid advertising, and more.
However, lately, internet marketing tends to lead or go along with content marketing (content marketing).
Because content marketing is the most effective internet marketing, for the present and future.
The Content Marketing Institute defines content marketing as:
“A strategic marketing approach that focuses on creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content, to attract and retain a clear audience – and, ultimately, to encourage customer actions that benefit the business.”
Imagine: Content marketing (or inbound marketing) is in direct conflict with traditional advertising (outbound marketing), and indirect integration with the patterns and habits of the current generation.
We don’t want to be sold, we have ad blockers, and we hardly watch cable anymore.
Content marketing presents content that addresses our points of concern, and there are times when we want them.
Here is a great illustration from Voltier Digital:
Content Marketing vs. Traditional Advertising
This is the evolutionary path behind the most successful forms of modern marketing today.
Selling no longer works (aka, traditional advertising).
Traditional advertising focuses on delivering messages to consumers so they buy it. For the next generation, consumer services a good career path in 2022.
It is disturbing and obstructive
His cry, “Hey, look at me!” While waving his hand.
You might try to avoid eye contact, but traditional advertising still exists.
You know what traditional advertising is like because you are bombarded every day.
Think of TV ads, billboards, magazine ads, radio ads, and web banner ads.
Advertising has been around for a long time, as evidenced by traditional advertising, on tv-tv, since the 1950s.
Ads may still work in some strategic places.
But Internet users, can click and switch from advertisements if they don’t want to see it.
That is precisely what happened.
According to the PageFair report, 615 million devices in use today, use an ad blocker. In addition, the use of ad blockers increased by 30 percent in 2016 alone.
You know that I know that, everybody knows that.
And, that’s not the way consumers, who prefer to learn about new products again.
Instead of businesses pushing themselves to the face of consumers, they need to take a different and gentler approach.
Content marketing is exactly like that.
Marketers who use it, publish content that educates, inspires, guides, or solves problems for their target audience.
With some practical tricks, targets can find content on the web without being pushed.
If prospects get something useful from the content, they will continue to come back for more.
Finally, consumers can interact with brands organically. And share their content on social media.
Trust is forged.
Authority is built.
This loyal follower can then be converted into prospects and sales – naturally.
All of the above, happening with a focus on providing value to users.
Help users – offer them value and they will reward you in return.
That is the essence of internet marketing/content marketing.
Benefits / Objectives Of Internet Marketing?
Now that you know what internet marketing is, you might still be wondering, why is there so much excitement around it.
What are the benefits of internet marketing?
What is the purpose of internet marketing?
Internet marketing has proven successful repeatedly.
Here are some statistics collected from all over the web, to help you find out why internet marketing/content marketing stands out:
- In 2019, content marketing will develop into a $ 313 billion industry.
- 91 percent of businesses, already convinced of its strength. And has adopted it, as an important marketing strategy.
- Content marketing costs, 62 percent less than traditional outbound marketing, but attracts as much as 3x more.
- If you are a small business with a blog, you will lead the market by getting 126% more growth, compared to your competitors without a blog
- If you have a blog and publish content, you tend to get 434 percent more pages indexed on Google but if you don’t have a blog you can click below link to How to start a blog?
From my own content marketing business, there are many examples of small businesses taking off.
With 99 percent focus on content marketing, they succeed in increasing value, up to millions of dollars.
5 Examples Of Internet Marketing / Content: Providing Value For Big Returns
Reading about great internet marketing/content marketing is not enough to really understand how it works. Instead, you have to see it in action, to understand its fundamental value.
Because, when the content is really good, it can do extraordinary things.
Here are some great internet marketing strategies, which reach the market dramatically.
1. Blog Posts & Articles
One of the most common types of content is blog posts and articles.
A blog, in particular, is a great content platform. Because, it gives you the basis for lots of posts, pages, and content that all lead to your site.
Think of blogs as tree trunks. Your personal blog post is a branch that reaches into the corner of the internet and search engines. Users can find your branch and follow them, right down to your core site page. That gives you more opportunities for leads and sales.
For examples of good blog content, see the Content Marketing Institute. They create a lot of useful content. And it’s useful for content marketers to educate, teach, guide, or inspire.
Fans, followers, and customers who are dedicated to their events, training, and consultations.
3. Case Study
Another popular and effective form of content is case studies.
In general, case studies are an in-depth look at some of the actions your brand or business has completed, which have measurable results for success.
Usually, this translates into something that you are trying to achieve for the client.
Here is a good example of a case study by Fractl:
In it, the agency showcased how they were executing successful content campaigns for the real estate business. They talked about how it came together, the “why” of the project, and the results (presented in measurable statistics).
This type of content is an incredible trust builder for obvious reasons.
For those of you who are horrified at the thought of writing a blog post or in-depth article or case study, there is media content out there for you.
Podcasts are great.
They are similar to stories and news radio programs of yore, except people, can download them and listen to episodes; however, and whenever they want.
If you are a good speaker or interviewer, this content format can be great for sharing valuable information with your audience.
For example, Search Engine Journal’s Nerds Search Engine, about SEO, paid search, social media, and content marketing.
Video is the hottest type of content right now.
The statistics are shocking. According to Social Media Today:
- In 2021, videos accounted for 82 percent of all internet traffic
- Every day, more than 500 million hours of video are consumed on YouTube
It’s easy to see why videos dominate.
Videos are easy to consume, entertain, and appeal to the current attention-span deficit, compared to websites.
For a good example of a marketer utilizing video content, see Neil Patel’s YouTube channel :
Internet Marketing Concepts
So, if you are fully prepared to step into the concept of internet marketing.
You must like the idea of being creative, sharing value with your prospects/audience, and building business loyalty and customer relationships organically.
Wait a minute.
You can’t do it right away.
You must understand the important parts of successful internet marketing, first.
And that is;
Content Marketing Strategy
Content marketing without a strategy will eventually fail – it’s a sad fact.
You must have direction, plans, the right tools, and ways to measure your progress if you want to go further.
Here are the basics of the main mandatory content marketing strategies:
- Aim! This is very important. You have to know where you want to go, and what success looks like for you, before you can get there.
- Your Branding and Target Audience. When you finally start creating content, you must know who you are talking to. And adjust the sound of your business to be uniquely attractive to them. If you don’t target the right audience (people who will lean to hear what you say), you will not find success. And, if you can’t find a way to stand out, you will mingle with hordes of other competing brands, to get attention in your industry.
- Keywords and Research. Once you know why and who, you should discuss how. How do you reach your audience? What do they want to learn, what problems do they need to solve? Research targeted keywords to be found in search engine results, and find topics that have an interest attached to your audience before you create any content.
- Content Focus and Commitment. What type of content will you create? How often do you post? Where will you post? You have to nail down this foundation. So, you can create content with consistency and quality.
- Content Creation. Once you have topics, keywords, different sounds, and your target audience, you can create content. However, if your content isn’t very good, you’re wasting time. Get help, if you need it, spend time changing and perfecting your output, and always bringing out the best content you can.
- Content Promotion. Your content will be more effective if you promote it the right way. Promotion is even more effective if you plan to publish your work, develop strategies about publishing on your blog and sharing on social media, and build a community of followers who can help drive your involvement above.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
When you use SEO with content marketing, it can take you further, and longer.
These two sections together help increase your organic reach and visibility (read: free) on the internet.
SEO includes various techniques that help you get the main place on the search engine results pages (SERP). This means people can find you just by searching for topics they are interested in or need help.
The overall goal of good SEO is to get the page rank of your site on the first page of Google. (After all, most people rarely, click page 2 to find information.)
Here are some basic SEO techniques that will help your content be indexed and ranked in search results:
- Strategically placed keywords – You must place your target keywords in the headline, in sub-headings, in content, and in meta descriptions to help Google determine what is meant immediately.
- A well-designed and well-organized site – Google sees how your site can be used, or how easy it is for people to click, find what they are looking for, and read your content.
Optimization Of The Paid Method
Organic search can give you a great clickthrough rate. It also gives you the benefit of the innate trust people have in Google results.
However, sometimes investing in paid search can give you a boost.
Here are some good examples of Search Engine Land:
- Use paid search to remarket to visitors who find your site through organic search, and customize ads for them based on their experience.
- Test different versions of ad copy (A / B testing) to see which works better – then use what you learn for your landing page on your site.
- Paid search can increase your visibility in ways that organic search cannot do, such as giving you time to air for high-volume keywords that make it difficult for you to rank organically.
- The combination of paid search and content marketing gives you a cohesive whole of internet marketing.
Organic and paid traffic can join to give you higher visibility and better results to drive traffic, which can increase your prospects and sales.
Patience & Fortitude
Internet marketing or content marketing requires some parts that are far less tangible than strategy or SEO, but perhaps the most important.
When it’s really successful, content marketing is a long-term strategy.
It takes time to start seeing the ROI of your content efforts.
Blog posts that you publish today will not produce tomorrow, next week, or even next month.
Instead, you must have the patience and fortitude to wait for months – maybe even up to a year or longer – to start seeing results.
Content marketing is internet marketing that builds momentum over time. HubSpot calls this phenomenon “compound.”
High-quality content gets increased visits over time. This helps build page authority and can increase its reach, through the way people interact with content when they find it.
Think about connecting, sharing, interesting, and more.
Most importantly, all of these compound returns can help your content rise in Google ranking, which in turn helps to reach more people organically.
Soon, your hard work on that post began to pay off.
That doesn’t happen right away, but it will happen if you organize your content to succeed, with strategy.
It only takes patience and fortitude to see it and to keep focused on the coming months.
Also, read about the social media marketing mistakes.
Implement Internet Marketing
At this time, you might be jumping for joy about this thing called content marketing.
You apply internet marketing, as it is today.
If you are ready to leave, here’s what to do next:
1. Pace Yourself & Set Goals
Remember, this is a marathon, not a fast run.
Pushing yourself is important to do it right – otherwise, you will start turning your wheels, and saturation will not be avoided.
Instead, find out where you are in your business.
Think ahead about where you want to go next year.
- Do you already have a customer?
- Do you have a website?
- Did you start from the starting point?
Take a pen and paper, or put yourself in front of a computer, and start formulating some goals for content marketing.
Make your goals achievable (but not too easy), and make them measurable.
Need directions on purpose?
Here are some tips from CMI about setting goals, including how to tie them to the key performance indicators (KPI).
For ideas about the goals to be achieved, read this article from Copyblogger about 10 Content Marketing Goals to Try.
2. Secure Your Content ‘Home Base’
For content creation, collection of results, and more, you need a base on the web.
- Where your content will live.
- What you will link to when you share your content on social.
- Where you will collect referrals from the traffic you attract.
If you don’t have a website, start choosing options. Make it yourself? Or use the services of Professional Website Creation Services.
If you have a website, make sure the site is optimized, user friendly, and managed by following SEO best practices. We provide website development services and Professional SEO Services
Read More: Best N64 Emulator For Android And PC
3. Start The Strategy
Now that you have goals, a home for your content, and enthusiasm, it’s time to move on with the rest of your content marketing strategy.
We have already discussed the strategy, but here are the steps that can be taken for internet marketing strategies:
6 Key, Actionable Steps for internet marketing/content marketing;
- Target audience research and brand personality development
- Keyword research and SEO opportunity research
- Topic ideas and content planning
- Creating / writing / producing content
- Community development and maintenance
- Share and promote content on social channels
This is an extensive list. Each step has a series of actions and planning.
It is important not to skip any steps. Each of them is very important to win in content marketing.
Yes – it takes time, effort, planning, patience, fortitude, and teamwork to get things done. So about what is internet marketing, hopefully, useful
Also Read: Digital marketing
Bitcoin’s Role in the Financial System of Burundi
Is Bitcoin Mining Profitable or not? – Complete Guide
Bitcoin’s Role in the Financial System of Indonesia