Access the IP address 192.168.45.154 by clicking on Login
Basic Information – 192.168.45.154
The objective of this section is to show you the basic information regarding the IP address 192.168.45.154.
Type: IP address for local area networks (LAN).
Technologies: This IP address can be assigned to any device connected to the network, be it through Ethernet or WiFi.
Gateway: The default access point for the IP address 192.168.45.154 can be one of the following two options: 192.168.45.0, 192.168.45.254.
Technical Information – 192.168.45.154
The IETF and the IEEE have created standards for various network protocols, including IP addresses for local networks.
To carry out the configuration of the IP addresses, the following elements are required: gateway, netmask, routing rules and other policies for defining the network.
Some of the technical specifications focused on the IP address 192.168.45.154 are the following:
Access point address: 192.168.45.0, 192.168.45.254.
Netmask IP address: 255.255.255.0.
Local IP address range: 192.168.45.0 – 192.168.45.254, address range through which information can be exchanged directly for devices on the local network.
Setting the IP address 192.168.45.154
The configuration of the IP address 192.168.45.154 is quite simple within local area networks. Once the device is connected to the network, these settings can be customized.
There are two ways to configure the device within the network: statically and dynamically. Both mechanisms allow the assignment of IP addresses.
Below we show the mechanisms to carry out the assignment successfully.
Static IP address: To have control over the assignment of 192.168.45.154, the solution is to assign a static IP address. To carry out the configuration, the following must be done according to the operating system you have:
- Windows: Click on Start> Settings> Network and Internet.
- If you have WiFi: WiFi> Manage known networks> network name> Properties, enter the desired IP address.
- For Ethernet: Ethernet> network name, enter the desired IP address.
- Mac OS: Click Launchpad> System Preferences> Network> Advanced> TCP / IP.
- In DHCP you select Manual.
- Enter the IP address 192.168.45.154.
- Linux: Using the console, first you find the IP address of your network interface with ifconfig. Later with the name of your interface you use any of the following commands:
- With ip addr: ip addr add 192.168.45.154 interface
- With ifconfig: ifconfig interface 192.168.45.154 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
Dynamic IP address: It is the simplest way to configure an IP address, although it is not possible to assign a fixed IP address, but within the range for local networks.
The mechanism for assigning an IP address is called DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), which is available from network preferences, in the Windows Control Panel, or with dhclient on Mac OS.
Normally assigning an IP address with DHCP does not require user intervention, as it is a latent service in the system.
Verification of the IP address
Through the command ifconfig (for MacOS) or ipconfig (for Windows) you can know the configuration data of your network.
Some of the network configuration data that you will find with the previous commands are: the IP address, network interface, gateway address and transfer rate, as well as any type of error if it exists.
There are several tests that we can perform on 192.168.45.154 to see if there is connectivity with the network. Some of the most common tests are the ping test and the traceroute test.
The ping test is a simple way to check if there is a connection to a certain server or IP address. It is a very simple test and available for any operating system.
We can validate if we have a successful connection to the access point or another address on the internet using this command:
Where we can see if there is a response to requests sent through the ICMP protocol (Internet Control Message Protocol), which are micro-packets to verify internet connectivity.
As you can see in the previous example, responses are obtained from the sent packets. Which means that the IP address 192.168.45.154 searched is working correctly and responding to requests.
The traceroute test consists of doing a test of the routing that a packet needs to follow towards a destination host, for example an access point or website.
This test shows us the route that network packets follow until they reach their desired destination. In case it finds any failure in the communication, it will indicate the place where our package stopped. This way we can see in detail if the fault is in our device or in the destination place.
Its syntax is:
From the previous example, as it shows us that the package shipment has been completed, the process will end and there is a response. If at some point in the connection it is not possible to transmit the packet, it will show asterisks.
If it shows multiple asterisks without following, the connection at that point on the network is broken and as a consequence, the connection to the network is lost.
List of common ports
Each IP address contains various network services, which are hosted on ports with numbers ranging from 1 to 65535.
The most used ports for 192.168.45.154 contain basic network services, which the IANA has sought to standardize, therefore there are port numbers that by default work to host a certain service.
The port numbers, as well as the common services, used by the TCP and UDP protocols they host are as follows:
Port 20: FTPS, or also called Secure File Transfer Protocol.
Port 21: File Transfer Protocol, not secure.
Port 22: Protocol used for remote access to the server, ssh, scp (secure copy) or sftp.
Port 53: DNS service (Domain Name Server).
Port 80: Web server, also called HyperText Transfer Protocol. The service can be accessed using curl or a web browser with the query http://192.168.45.154.
Port 443: Also functions as a web server, using TLS / SSL encryption. A secure data transfer layer is used.
Troubleshooting – 192.168.45.154
Problems connecting to the access point or any IP address are common. These problems usually occur when the network is unreachable, or when the connection to the device fails.
To learn more about some of the common causes for which the network could fail, we describe them below.
Site not found
The lack of communication with a certain IP address means that there is no connection, that is, that device is unreachable or there is an incorrect connection.
Usually the causes for which the connection to the 192.168.45.154 site fails are the following:
- Lack of accessibility: When you have a poor connection, or it is not correctly connected to the device or host, a service disconnection occurs and therefore you do not have access to the device from any section of the same Network.
- Solution: You must verify that the connection to your service is adequate, for example, if you are connected wirelessly, you must be within the same network, or that the device is correctly connected to the router.
- Wrong configuration: if the connection or department data is wrong, obviously there is no connection. You must verify that the connection data is the following for the IP address you request:
- IP address: 192.168.45.154
- Access point: 192.168.45.0 or 192.168.45.254
- Relay address: 192.168.45.255
Network physical failures
The physical failures of the Network can be very varied and can be classified into three stages:
- Network interface failures: This failure normally occurs when your equipment cannot connect to the network at 192.168.45.154, although other devices on the same network can connect. In this case the connection is impossible from your local device.
- Solution: You must verify that your equipment is correctly connected to the Network and that it is working correctly. Perhaps you could have a software problem that you could fix from the preferences panel or an incorrect configuration that you must correct.
- Router or modem failures: When your device fails or stops working, you could experience connection gaps and disconnection gaps.
- Solution: Normally these failures are detected when your device makes the Internet suddenly disconnect, and therefore the solution could be to replace your device directly with your Internet provider.
- DSL failures: The line that connects to your modem requires an outside installation, either satellite or connected to the telephone line. If you have connection problems on the line, you may have a failure that prevents you from accessing the outside network, although the local connection to 192.168.45.154 does not present any problem.
- Solution: call your Internet provider to make the corresponding corrections, or if you have not paid for your Internet service, pay for it as soon as possible.
Router connection failure detection
As we showed you in previous sections, the simplest way to detect connection failures in real time is through the ping command, in addition to verifying that you have assigned an IP address connected to your service with ifconfig.
Remember, even if you have connectivity to 192.168.45.154, this does not mean that you have Internet access, but that you have access to the local network and therefore you have access to the router’s configuration through the access point address.
Public IP address
A public IP address is one that has access from anywhere in the world, through an en route that allows connectivity to be established between the client and the server or the requested IP address.
Normally these public IP addresses are assigned by the IANA by ranges to Internet providers in a geo-localized way, so that ISPs grant them to their users through a fixed or dynamic address.
These IP addresses belong to the range of public addresses, so the IP address 192.168.45.154 can never be assigned by the IANA for public use.
Private IP address range
As we showed you in the previous section, there are public addresses that have access to the Internet, however, following the same network structure, there are IP addresses that only have a local scope, that is, they can only be acquired within a local network.
The IP address 192.168.45.154 belongs to the range of local IP addresses. This range has been described in the IEFT specifications in RFC 1918, a document in which the range of private IP addresses is established.
The range of IP addresses for local use is as follows:
10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
Therefore any of these IP addresses can only be used within local networks.
IPv4 and IPv6 addresses
In the early years of the Internet, several standards emerged to promote the use of this new technology, which was initially focused on the educational and scientific field, later on in government use and finally in global use.
The first version of the Internet protocol that was used globally was version 4, hence the term IPv4. This protocol consists of four 8-bit octets, giving a total of 4,294,967,296 IP addresses in total. Without distinction of private and public addresses in this count. Where 192.168.45.154 is one of these addresses.
Because the total number of IPv4 addresses is insufficient for all people’s devices worldwide, an improvement to the protocol has been proposed, which is version 6 of the Internet protocol, or IPv6.
With a total supply of 3.4 x 10^38 IP addresses, the IPv6 protocol has proven to be a good solution to IP address depletion, yet faced with the challenge of global adoption.
The global adoption is very slow because people, even Internet providers are used to IPv4 addresses, they have even proposed various solutions to face the shortage of this type of IP addresses.
Some of the processes they have used is the recycling of IP addresses, for example the use of dynamic IP addresses for the devices that are connected and the use of address translations, also called NAT.
However, the use of private addresses such as 192.168.45.154 reduces the IP address shortage process.
Other popular IP addresses and mistakes
Many times people make a mistake when typing IP addresses into the search bars of browsers. It is quite common for people to perform certain types of searches that differ from the concept of IP addresses.
Some of the most popular wrong searches for 192.168.45.154, as well as other IP addresses are listed below:
Other languages – 192.168.45.154
To see the information of 192.168.45.154 in other languages, click on the corresponding language.